Friday, September 25, 2009

Cave and Basin

I can't believe how long I've been away. I apologize for letting my life get in the way of my blogging! Rustle's girls have been busy with school and dryland training, now up to 4 times a week for Sarah, Bob is busy at work, although that is nothing new, and I've been busy with work and a Master's course. Rustle has been busy wagging his tail when we finally get home.

So, to start with some recreation. The girls and I took Alison's friend Charlotte with us to Banff one day. We hiked about the Cave and Basin in Banff. If you'd like a brief history lesson, the discovery of the hot springs at the Cave and Basin started such a turf war that the Government of Canada stepped in and declared the area a National Park. Not only do we hike, but we are always learning, too!

The girls posing on the hike:


Inside the cave:



The fancy pool that is no longer in use:



The girls searching for the endangered Banff Springs Snail in the original basin:

1 comment:

Gramma said...

Good to see you enjoying some extended summer weather. Did you find the snail? Too bad the pool was closed. Love, Gramma xoxo