Sunday, June 28, 2009

Gold Medal!

Both girls played soccer this year. Alison played in the Under 10 recreational group and improved tremendously. Go Mookie!

Sarah played in the Under 12 Girls Competitive league on our community team. Her team, Hamptons Roma, had a ton of success this year. There are a few really skilled players, but mostly, they had a lot of success because they played as a team. Sarah played "sweeper" which is a defensive position - the last player before the goalie.

Today, Hamptons Roma beat the Okotoks Strikers 6-0 in an exciting game. This win gave them the gold medal in the Tier IV U-12 girls division and they are going to Provincials next weekend. Yippee!

I have video, but as I'm still having issues uploading it (I am also waiting to post Alison's skating and Sarah's grade 6 ceremony video...), here are a few screencaps of Sarah making a huge play in today's game.


Running to get the ball


Setting up for a big kick


Big wind up

Follow through

The ball sent flying away

No comments: