Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Disney trip

We really did go to Disneyland. I wasn't making that up. We also took a couple of side trips in Southern California, where the weather is significantly better than it is here (although the smog left a bad taste in my mouth. I mean that literally).

The girls who don't really like the rides at the local amusement park tried just about everything there was to try at Disney. We hit Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, the Matterhorn, Big Thunder, as well as Pirates of the Caribbean, the They did turn down the California Screaming coaster at the California Adventure park, but considering they watched the space-like launch that started it, I wasn't surprised. (the launch goes 0 to 55 mph in 4 seconds, check out that link!) Their parents enjoyed it, though. Probably the most fun coaster I've ever ridden.

The large group with the Mouse himself.

Meeting Winnie-the-Pooh...

and Tigger, too.

We also hit some of Southern California's other attractions. We went to Huntington Beach, the original Surf City, to play in the sand and surf. We also took a drive into Hollywood and walked a bit on the Walk of Fame, where Alison even got to play a bit of dress-up outside the Grauman's Chinese Theatre.



No comments: