Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Four stitches

In an effort to top herself in the injury department, Sarah managed to cut her ear, requiring our first ever trip to the Alberta Children's Hospital on Friday. She was playing hide and seek and slipped on the carpet at our neighbour's house. She hit the desk beside her with the top part of her ear. Hard. She actually cut the cartilage. It was awful! And painful! And her mom almost fainted watching her ear get re-assembled!

The phone call at work asking to meet at the emergency department is not one I ever want to get again.

I'm not sure if she'll want photographic evidence. She's removed the bandage that gave her the classic "Van Gogh" look because she was getting too many questions about it. We have anti-scarring cream ready for when the stitches dissolve.

I think we are assuming that she's going through an awkward growth spurt. Either that or she really needs to start paying attention!

No comments: